Our client Pfizer – the world’s largest pharmaceutical company with offices around the globe - was trying to secure a bigger share of the market of medications for kids with growth disorder. In order to accomplish this, they were observing patients taking growth hormone as a part of a research program. To increase the efficiency of this process, Pfizer needed a specialized information system capable of data analysis, forecasting and reporting.
Technologies and tools applied:
- .NET Framework, ASP.NET, SVG
- Application server: MS IIS
- DB: MS SQL Server
2 .NET developers (lead and middle), 1 report developer, 1 QA, 1 business analyst, 1 project manager
The application is a part of the corporate system and is fully integrated with the global corporate database. It offers a single point of entry to information on clinical research, supports chart creation based on centralized database and can sustain up to 100 concurrently active users.
- Visualization of the current condition of monitored patients (in tabular and graphical for mats). The application supports over 10 types of charts.
- Comparison of actual and expected changes: analysis of reaction to medical treatment
- Modeling of the growth forecast
The system automatically calculates growth-related parameters such as the growth rate, standard deviation score (SDS) and expected height at the adult stage. It supports zooming and enables users to show/hide particular areas of charts, making short-term reaction to treatment easier to evaluate.