Our client - the University of World Economics and International Affairs, Moscow - wanted to develop software leveraging all the advantages of distance education based on the Internet and multimedia technologies.
PROJECT DETAILSTechnologies and tools applied:
- Java EE, EJB, Servlets/JSP
- Application servers: WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat
- DBs:Oracle DB, MS SQL Server, Borland Interbase
3 JavaEE developers (lead, senior and middle), 1 QA, 1 business analyst, 1 project managerDuration:
The system of distance education is a web platform and a tool allowing educational institutions, companies and public agencies to accomplish educational tasks in a more efficient manner.
“Bridge to Knowledge” consists of the following modules:
- Lectures (theoretical material)
- Practical items (case studies, self-control tests)
- Seminars (interactive chat communication)
- Control (online and offline tests and assessment)
“Bridge to Knowledge” system features:
- Fast and easy preparation of rich multimedia content
- Support of different languages and communication channels
- Scalability and adjustment to specific requirements
Access requires Internet connection. The app supports personification, different user roles (teacher, student, tutor, course author, administrator) and adaptation to different educational methods, as well as allows group and individual classes, features a self-learning mode.