Complex content management system for the Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism to address and solve the following problems:
- Standardization of electronic educational content
- Distance education
- Provision of assistance to teachers in remote areas by means of training in computer classes
Target audience - teachers and school/college students.
Technologies and tools applied:
.NET Framework, .NET Remoting, COM
3 .NET developers (1 lead and 2 middle), 1 QA, 1 business analyst, 1 project manager
We developed a comprehensive system with the following key features:
- Import of basic modules from external sources to the teacher’s computer or school server
- Editing of the course sequence
- Storage of modules (parts of the course) in a database on a local computer and the school server
- Export and import of the course to/from a ZIP file
- Media player
The courses are downloaded from a centralized repository maintained by the Ministry of Education, from the college/school server or from the user’s hard drive. Teachers can use the core modules to create their custom courses and play them back in the class, while the students are able to access them at school or at home.