The app was developed for U.S. law enforcement officers who happen to come across radioactive isotopes at crime scenes. Thus, we had to develop an app that would connect radiation detection devices, process sensor readings and send data to the server.
Technologies and tools applied:
- Objective-C, Cocoa Touch Framework
- Platforms: iOS, Android
3 iOS developers (senior, 2 middle), 3 Android developers (1 senior, 2 middle), 2 QA, 1 designer, 1 project manager
Combination of Agile and traditional methodologies
We built a reliable application for officers who examine crime scenes. The app works with a wide range of radiation detection & monitoring devices. The software processes sensor data and generates certain types of reports. The solution supports secure authentication and ensures safe data transfer to the server. The security is ensured by obligatory authorization and a remotely generated PIN-code.
The app functionalities enable users to:
- connect to radiation detection devices via Bluetooth or WiFi;
- generate reports specifying all the available data: a type of radioactive isotopes, detection devices and all other details (date and time, geographic location, etc.);
- work with text files, pictures and video data;
- send reports to the server.