Megafon needed a comprehensive enterprise system to manage SIM card logistics between manufacturers and regional offices.
Technologies and tools applied:
- Java EE, Portlets, JSP, JSTL, iBatis/myBatis
- Application Server: IBM WebSphere Portal Server
- DB: Oracle DB
3 JavaEE developers (lead, senior and middle), 1 QA, 1 business analyst, 1 project manager
We developed ECM for demand forecasting, generation and approval of manufacturing requests, and distribution of orders between the vendors.
It automates the following processes:
- Creation and approval of SIM card delivery forecasts on a quarterly basis
- Placement of orders and monitoring of their status
- Control of delivery and payment deadlines
- Inventory monitoring
- Generation of reports and printing of business documentation
Analytical reports show the key manufacturing and card delivery parameters, and facilitate the KPI evaluation for vendors and regional branches. At the forecasting stage, the system makes sure that the required SIM cards can be manufactured altogether. It’s possible with monitoring of unique logical connections. The solution automates the processing and exchange of technical files needed for SIM card manufacturing.