According to Gartner, 75% of all enterprises...
The concept of enterprise software solutionsThe term “enterprise solution” refers to any software utilized by companies (small and medium-sized, corporations, non-commercial organizations) to drive work efficiency.
Enterprise software solutions benefits include:
- Secure file sharing;
- Improved operations management;
- Business process integration;
- Better user experience.
Among the must-have features of a great enterprise solution one should name:
- Scalability (easily adjusts to the amount of work you handle);
- Security (enhanced with numerous data loss prevention tools);
- Interoperability (supports different applications and systems by default);
- Portability (no OS or hardware restrictions).
The key advantages of PHPPHP is the fourth most popular programming language in the world which was designed to exclusively tackle Web problems. Since the life of a typical user request is measured in nanoseconds, the language creators had to develop a code that would not contradict the Internet’s ever-changing nature. PHP variables can loosely switch between data types, and that’s why the approach is often criticized by old-school programmers. The Hypertext apps represent a variety of scripts which run simultaneously; in order to build an enterprise solution, vendors implement frameworks - for example, Laravel. The language is sometimes labeled as insecure; however, those insecurities that might bring a program down cannot be blamed on the code itself (it’s developers who make mistakes).
- More than 22 million websites were built with PHP (including Facebook, Wikipedia, Flickr and 80% of all dynamic websites out there):
- It is suitable for CRM (SugarCRM) and CMS (Joomla, WordPress) solutions;
- It supports 19 databases (MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server – just to name a few);
- It is compatible with other programming languages (including Java and .Net);
- PHP runs on most operating systems;
- It can be easily embedded into HTML and CSS;
- With this language, it takes less time to lunch a minimum viable product ;
- Azure, Google App Engine and other well-known cloud platforms support PHP applications.
The advantages of JavaSince Java is widely used by Android, the language has once again landed atop the Tiobe index this year. It was designed for single computer and network applications, as well as the Web, and shares a number of similarities with C++. The widespread utilization of Java-enhanced web browsers has recently spawned controversy among business owners: it turned out that only 5% of browser installations were actually using the latest version of Java plugins, which led to data breaches. However, it remains the most secure programming language for enterprise solutions.
What are the reasons to consider Java development?
- The language is strongly-typed; it requires correct, properly written inputs and outputs, so the chances developers mess with the coding are pretty weak;
- Java applications operate inside JVM (virtual machine). Once an untrusted file enters your system, you can always prevent data loss by quitting the program. The byte code concept also contributes to software security, that’s why Java enterprise solutions are perfect for e-commerce businesses, banks, insurance agencies and other companies that deal with customer information;
- The language is used by 90% of the Fortune 500 companies.