IoT is trending. Companies invest in new tech...
Hence, the Smart Hospital aims at the following:
- Automation and optimization of administrative tasks.
- Improved diagnostics and surgical ability.
- Remote medical care.
- Seamless patient flow.
- Enhanced patient safety.
- Cyber resilience.
The implementation of the Smart Hospital technologies includes 3 main stages:
- Ensuring interconnectivity of the networking equipment. Hospital information systems should be able to connect with each other and with medical devices, be it sensors, robots or identification systems.
- Analyzing & storing data. The Smart Hospital, like any other system of the connected world, is about data generation. It should establish effective practices that will provide insights into the healthcare institution management and patient experience.
- Developing remote care systems. Another aim of the Smart Hospital is to implement connectivity between the organization and patients outside of the physical facilities by implementing digital healthcare solutions. With mobile medical apps, telemonitoring solutions and connected medical equipment, a patient stays under medical surveillance even after their hospital stay.