When outsourcing, customers typically take the...
More than just offshore mobile app and web developmentTop Web outsourcing companies offer a wide range of additional services for enterprises:
- IT consulting. IT advisory is a multi-layered domain that deals with project management, computer technology and system analysis. The goal of consulting is to develop a comprehensive business strategy for your company (including software and marketing solutions);
- Business analysis. An outsourcing business analyst forms the general concept of a project, defines initial requirements, addresses technical issues and sustains effective customer-to-vendor communication. A properly conducted analysis is the basis of any IT venture;
- Code review and correction. The service allows you to determine and fix coding mistakes made during the initial state of software development process. Bad coding affects any tech startup, but it is e-commerce entrepreneurs who suffer the most (especially when they lack expertise in programming and cannot tell a good vendor from a bad one);
- Software testing. Software tests evaluate the functionality of a program. In order to conduct a complex analysis, two types of tests (static and dynamic) are implemented. Static testing reveals mistakes in coding and technical documentation. In order to perform a dynamic analysis, IT vendors run a program to make sure it functions properly;
- Mobile app and digital marketing. The importance of digital marketing is hard to underestimate. Without proper SEO, website content, social media marketing, email marketing and advertising all united by a thorough strategy, any startup (no matter how brilliant your idea may seem!) is doomed. Mobile app marketing is crucial for your applications success, it may be something as brilliant as Uber or engaging as Angry Birds, but without proper app marketing it won’t be a hit or people’s love won’t last long enough. Fortunately, marketing tasks can be outsourced to an experienced vendor. Not sure where to find developers for startup companies? We recommend you visit Clutch - a platform that accumulates all IT vendors providing objective rankings based on their portfolios and clients reviews;
- Usability review. Positive user experience is the key success factor for any enterprise. Since it takes just 50 milliseconds to form an opinion about a website or application, web design and architecture become the powerful tools that either boost your sales or alienate users. There are several factors to consider while reviewing a website or an application, such as functionality, navigation, control and error management, consistency and visual clarity. The benefits of usability review outsourcing include lower costs (in comparison with usability testing), quick results and the opportunity to conduct the process at different stages of product development.
Common startup problems & solutions provided by offshore web and application development companiesBack in July, CIO.com shared an interesting post covering the experiences of 5 tech startups that failed to achieve commercial success. Having carefully studied the cases, we defined top reasons for the startups’ disappointing performance and came up with several outsourcing solutions that might’ve saved those sinking ships.
- Problem #1 – Wrong product, market or target audience. 4 out of 5 startups crafted tech solutions to non-existent problems and made little to none profit. Outbox founders digitalized paper mail for Apple gadgets (lots of people don’t have any). Michal Bohanes (Dinnr) launched a cooking-at-home food delivery app and offered his services to unmarried/childless couples (you can purchase ingredients at a local grocery store + you don’t cook very often unless you have kids); Ivaylo Kalburdzhiev (the Kolos startup) designed an iPad racing wheel (as if iPads, neat and slender gadgets, need heavy extension). In order to avoid similar problems, entrepreneurs should outsource business analysis and marketing to experts. If you outsource this to the right app development company they will identify the initial demand for a product, facilitate development process and introduce organization changes essential for further growth. The iPad stirring wheel, for example, could’ve caused revolution in the gaming industry, had it been meant for ordinary tablets;
- Problem #2 – Lack of expertise in business and custom application development. Nikki Durkin (99dresses.com) faced the “I have nothing to wear” problem and found a reasonable solution (a clothing exchange service). Having raised initial funding in Australia, she tried to market her website to the USA. The amateur research, however, revealed that American customers preferred mobile applications. Platform shift led to additional expenses, but failed to produce continuous effect. The lucky moment was gone; later that year Nikki was outcompeted by a similar American startup. In this case, the entrepreneur should have contacted an offshore web and mobile app development company with a strong marketing team and vast expertise or a digital agency to conduct proper marketing research at the very early stages of business planning;
- Problem #3 – Team issues. 20% of startup founders leave their projects; it’s not infrequent and, as a rule, doesn’t lead to immediate failure. However, the loss of an experienced founder might postpone further advancement. Small businesses that outsource app development and IT consulting quickly recover from a lineup change and do not rush business decisions;
- Problem #4 – Bad coding. The above-mentioned startups did not suffer serious coding issues, although the Dinnr founder stated that their attempt to outsource web development had been rather disappointing. What we’re driving at is the infamous “Got a contract to fix some outsourced Indian PHP code” Internet meme. Due to various reasons (overpopulation, poor living conditions and improper education) the quality of Indian coding can be underwhelming. Unless you find reliable web developers to review code for your startup, the results of IT outsourcing to Asia may vary.