Drones are winning the market, and the key...
If you think about organizing programmer’s workplace – here are 8 important rules to follow. Get to know how to organize developer’s workplace and hopefully, increase your productivity.
1. Firstly, the desk and chair should be comfortable. That’s a must-have which adds to the developer’s ultimate efficiency.
2. Secondly, enough light and a good monitor to prevent eyestrain are indispensable, as developers spend hours staring at the screen.
3. Thirdly, a good development machine should have a sound specification: memory capacity and performance rates. For some tasks the compilation process can take up to 20-30 minutes. If the operation is repeated 10-15 times, there is literally no time left for actual work. Especially, if that’s a debugging or testing session. A developer needs a powerful machine.
4. Create separate offices and conference rooms for private calls and/or larger meetings.
5. Sometimes all the work can be lost because of power outages. Install a UPS or work at a laptop. It ensures portability and ergonomics. You can work at home or remotely, if necessary.
6. Tiles are not the best flooring for an open-space office, as ladies wearing high heels are heard from afar. Broadloom carpet is much better.
7. Put oxygenating plants throughout. A touch of green will provide proven wellness benefits and liven up the environment.
8. Open-plan workplace design should encourage both collaboration and productivity: pictures, drawings, abstractions: create cool things and make the office a cozy place to work.